Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week 40: "he had a strange feeling in his heart and he didn't know how to put it into words. He told us that he had never really felt anything like it before, but assured that he would do anything to feel that same feeling again. I think this may have been one of the first times that he was able to recognize the Holy Ghost!"

Two appointments, two bags of peanuts!
 I absolutely love these kids! Tashinga and Diana will be baptized
Mai Tashinga and her family!
Winter is coming and it's starting to get a bit colder! It's still raining (bleh), but it makes all the greenery look so nice! 

This week was a blur, but we were super busy this week! We usually don't have time to stop for lunch, but it's okay because especially this week, the people have been FEEDING US! Sadza, chibage (it is not pronounced like cabbage), peanuts, mah veggies, etc. You name it. We have eaten it this week. My companion always laugh at how much people want to feed us, but we're also touched by how willing they are to share the little that they may have.

This is Goddy...he ran to his father to tell him that he had a murungu chimoko (white girlfriend) and so now the parents call me their makoti haha
Right now, I currently have two mamas who are calling me makoti (daughter-in-law). One of them is joking, but the other one, I'm afraid she is quite serious because whenever we go to teach her son, she always prepares something for us to eat! It was even funny because she asked my companion if she had anyone waiting for her at home, and then she looked at me and didn't even bother to ask me! She just told me how happy she was to have me in her home as her makoti..."My son is quite a beauty, he's dark in complexion and has a great build...etc." He was speechless. My companion and I were laughing as we left the house this week because it was as if my companion wasn't even sitting next to me! haha

I
 Sister Nomsa

Sister Vision
Investigators/Converts:

Trevor: We have been teaching him and his friend for quite some time now and he shared an experience that he had with us this past Sunday. His friend, Ashleigh, told us how Trevor had told him that he was so excited to be baptized. When we asked Trevor if it was true, he agreed! He shared that as he was leaving church on Sunday, he had a strange feeling in his heart and he didn't know how to put it into words. He told us that he had never really felt anything like it before, but assured that he would do anything to feel that same feeling again. I think this may have been one of the first times that he was able to recognize the Holy Ghost!
Edward: Last week, I told you of how Edward's younger brother had passed away and so we decided to sit down with him and talk about it. We reviewed the Plan of Salvation lesson with him, and this time around, you could tell that it had a whole different meaning to him. Before, he had been more interested on the question "Why are we here?" and this time around, we focused more on life after death. When we finished discussing, there was silence and the Spirit was so strong! I could tell he was just soaking it all in and had found the peace he needed, accepting that he would be able to see his brother again.
The Shirichena's: As we were teaching about Adam and Eve, my companion described their innocence while in the Garden of Eden saying "They were like babies..." Takudzwa, sat up so quickly as if he had a lightbulb moment and said, "Ohhhhhh! So that means they were very, very small!" I couldn't stop laughing because it was if something had connected and made sense, but we had to explain that they were just in an innocent state of mind. Also, I don't know how, but these kids know some Korean and their accents are on point!

I love you guys and hope the family is good! As you can see, things my side are the usual, always great!

Sister Park

No it is not just a pile of laundry...it's Sister Namugenyi! haha she fell asleep on my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment