Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 37: "I've come to realize that there is no use in teaching and baptizing converts if the foundation isn't there."



This week, my companion and I have been focusing on the less actives we have in our branch. I've come to realize that there is no use in teaching and baptizing converts if the foundation isn't there. The branch is great, but there's always room for improvement! This week was such a blessing because when Sunday came around, we were able to have about seven of the less actives show up for church and four of them even bore their testimonies during the meeting. "It's been five years since I've been to church, and I felt so much peace and joy in my heart and that I couldn't help but stand up to share with you how I feel." One of them we've been visiting for awhile now and this past lesson we had with him, he said how this was the first time he really understood and appreciated the Book of Mormon. We've been assigning him chapters to study, to which he's been truly benefiting from! He bore his testimony on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon this past Sunday! "...for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return...and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them." (3 Nephi 18:32)


Personal Accomplishment of the Week: I haven't bitten my nails for two weeks! (I've been staring at this sentence for a couple minutes now and I honestly don't know if it's grammatically correct...my English is gone.)

Investigators:
Patrick: Patrick is an investigator that has been coming pretty consistently to church for about 2 months now. He's 29 and he's married to his wife, Mercy, who is 24....they have a recently newborn baby named Samantha and she's is the cutest! Although he wasn't considered a progressing investigator because of marriage problems, we still went to go teach him anyways. However, after talking to his wife and also his in-laws, I think his marriage will be on its way soon soon! I feel like just in general, if I stay in this area long enough, there will be a couple of weddings going on!
Mai Tashinga: She has been coming to church with her son and daughter and she was finally able to receive a confirmation about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon! She's more eager than ever to learn and she told me that she's finally been able to grasp the idea of how much our Savior loves her. However, she might be moving away to a different area because she's been offered a job, and there aren't any missionaries that side. But, if she ends up moving, I've directed her to the church building and she'll still be able to be baptized. Although I hope that I'm around when she's baptized, I know that everything will work out according to the will of the Lord.

I'm excited to watch General Conference this weekend! This coming week is going to fly by since my companion and I have 2 meetings to attend, general conference, and I get to go back to Mabvuku to work with the sisters which will be so exciting!

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9)

I hope that all is well back home and I'm grateful for the updates! 

Sister Park

No comments:

Post a Comment