Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Week 36: "He searched and searched and the teachings found in the Book of Mormon satisfied what his soul was craving for."

Can you believe March has already come and gone? 

I liked this lion the best because it has a scar on his face just like me!

more lions

a household picture in the park..don't worry, there weren't any lions in this part of the park

This ostrich was just sitting in the middle of the road and wouldn't move!
 my new pet lion
Last Monday, we got to go to our activity: the Lion and Cheetah Park! False advertisement. No cheetahs which was such a bummer. But it's okay, it was still fun! To see the lions, we had to stay in the car and just drive around in a gated area looking for the lions within the park. I had to focus more on driving, but everyone in the car had their faces glued to the windows looking for the lions and taking selfies and things like that...it was kind of amusing to watch them. Also, in a different part of the park, there were a whole lot of other animals: baboons, zebras, giraffes, ostriches, monkeys, etc. All in all, the activity was a success!

Investigators:

Bonwell: We met him while walking on the street to an appointment but he invited us to come over to his place. So, we followed up and went to see him this past week and haha, he's a funny one. He was drunk when we arrived, but insisted that we stay to talk with him. We stayed and chatted and asked why he wasn't going to church and things like that. He told us that all he wanted was salvation and that he needed a way to get that. He kept on repeating this over and over and over again to which I asked why it was important to him. His response made me laugh haha "I need salvation because I want to be saved. I don't know when I'm going to die! I can die yesterday, today, tomorrow...but yesterday I failed." I always end up laughing at what drunk people have to say when I contact them...
Venencia: She is the cousin to a less active that we have in the church. We went to go visit the less active but ended up talking to Venencia as well about going to church. Since both of her parents have died, she hasn't been really dedicated to going to church and so now we've started teaching her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation with the help of Gwande, and she was smiling every time she understood something. I'm looking forward to teaching her because she is such a sweet girl!

Baptism! Sister Nyasha, Mai Nicole, and the Shirichena brothers- Vincent, Takudzwa and Emil.

I taught them how to "drop it".

This week we were able to baptize 5 people: Sister Nyasha, Mai Nicole, and the Shirichena brothers- Vincent, Takudzwa and Emil. They were all so excited and of course, I taught them how to "drop it." They bore powerful testimonies, but I particularly loved Mai Nicole's and Vincent's testimony. Mai Nicole talked about how she was able to find so much peace in knowing that she would be able to see her husband again and how the gospel has been able to give her the strength that she needed when life took a turn for the worse. Vincent bore his testimony on how amazing the Book of Mormon was for him because he literally couldn't put it down once he started reading it. He talked about how he had never wanted to be baptized before because he was looking for truth. He searched and searched and the teachings found in the Book of Mormon satisfied what his soul was craving for.

"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the Spirit is broken." Proverbs 15:13

I love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week!

Sister Park

we found a chinese restaurant! we wasn't the best, but still! ASIAN FOOD FOR THE WIN!

my companion and I...I tried to teach her how to use chopsticks haha

No comments:

Post a Comment