Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 22: Merry Christmas to you!!!






This week has had its ups and downs. But, the good things that happen always seem to outweigh the bad and so it's a blessing!

Lunch with Zone missionaries in Mutare

This week, the people in my zone were able to travel to Mutare for our Christmas devotional and it was BEAUTIFUL. Although we had to get ready at 3:30 AM in the dark and we had to shower with cold water since we didn't have power for three days (it was a struggle to look...and I guess smell presentable but we somehow managed!), the trip was totally worth it. Our zone performed as a choir and sang a song (yes, I actually sang and danced...but it was against my will because the piano didn't work and EVERYONE was participating). It was actually powerful because we did a medley of Once in Royal David's city and we rewrote the lyrics to the song "Hallelujah." It was a really fun performance.


View from Hotel Balcony
The reason why we traveled to Mutare this time was because President wanted to do something that required a lot of missionaries. The gospel hasn't been very receptive in Mutare because of rumors about the church and so for years and years, missionaries have been struggling to do the work there. So, President's idea was to change the name of the church in the area by having a whole group of missionaries contact people in the different areas. After our Christmas devotional, we contacted for three hours in one area. We slept at a hotel and although I was covered in bug bites, we woke up to monkeys sitting on our balcony! That next day, another zone came and joined us and so in total, we had over 50 missionaries working in Mutare! 

Beautiful Lush Green Mountains
The area was absolutely beautiful. As you're driving up to the city, you're driving down a mountain and so the view of the city is breathtaking. Because of the rains, the entire area is a beautiful, lush green and when you're working in the area, everywhere you look is a view. The mountains are so beautiful! The areas we worked in were areas where people were living in humble circumstances, but with views like this, I wouldn't mind at all.

But, yes, opposition in all things. We got home Saturday night and as I was driving home from town with my companion, we got in a car accident. Nobody was hurt, but as I was switching lanes, a car that was speeding and didn't have lights on ended up colliding with our car. We were so tired from the trip and the policed took almost three hours to get there which was absolutely ridiculous, but we got home safely. It was a blessing nobody got hurt, but ah, it sure was a frustrating experience. 

Also, my bag ended up getting stolen which is never too great. But I wasn't hurt at all and so it's okay. But like I said, the good outweighed the bad which always seems to be the case. The tender mercies of the Lord never seem to stop. D&C 122:7 states that although we will undergo trials that seem impossible to get through, "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." Alma also states that the Lord will never "[tempt us] above that which [we] can bear" and I trust the Lord. He's been able to give me peace.

Since my journal was taken as well, I can't quite remember the details that happened throughout the week so hopefully next weeks report will be better!(: 

Sister Park

P.S. Please send Haram my love...after the way that this week ended, his words and the comfort from the Lord was exactly what I needed to pick myself up again. I didn't want to seem discouraged because I want to be strong for the household and I didn't want to be someone President or other sisters would have to worry about and I've found my strength again. The words I read and from remembering scriptures, I've found peace. I'm not discouraged, in fact, I've been able to see the positive in this. They also stole my Book of Mormon and so I hope that they will read through it, THOROUGHLY and read all my notes and who knows, maybe what was a saddening experience for me may be a joyous experience for someone else. I hope that especially since it's the holidays, you will put aside your problems and concerns and focus on serving at least one person every day. And even after the holidays, continue to serve others, even when it's out of your way. Although you may seem like your deeds and service goes unnoticed, its's recognized by the person who matters the most and that is the Lord. I hope you don't freeze in Utah and I pray you enjoy your Christmas holiday <3 Thank you for the strength you give me and the support...it goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment