Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week 18: "Forget Me Not"

This transfer is going by so quick! It's crazy to think that I've been in the field for more than three months already!


the ward missionaries' farewell!

A sad, sad night!
Munya, Antony, and Larry, the ward missionaries, all left for their missions this week. They were definitely missed this week in the area, but Ghana and Kenya need them more than we do! I definitely hope that I'll be able to see them again because that would be something really special! I went to their farewell on Tuesday for a little bit and was going to leave soon because we weren't able to get money for the week but little did I know that they had asked Bishop for me to speak in their farewell! I was definitely shocked, but at the same time I was honored that they would ask me to speak and share my testimony with them and to those they love. These guys are the sweetest...they each wrote me a letter talking about our times together telling me "Forget Me Not." I LOVE this book by President Uchtdorf...when I went to work with Tatenda, another ward missionary on Thursday, we were about to leave his house when he ran back in. I thought he had gone to fetch a raincoat or something but he came out running with a blue book in his hand. He handed it to me and told me that Larry had left it for me....it was the "Forget Me Not" book. I was overjoyed and touched because I had only mentioned on one occasion how much I had loved the book and Larry had gone out of his way to get it for me. Can you see why I love these ward missionaries so much?

Investigators:

Sister Vongai--She has her marriage certificate! Now, her and Brother Kuda are waiting on the rings so that they can have them for the wedding. I hope that I will still be in the area to witness the marriage ceremony! 

Brother Law: He's not an investigator, but he's a recent convert. He is the sweetest kid ever and always has such a huge smile on his face when he sees us. Well, I have started reading the Book of Mormon stories with him so that he can get a better understanding of the Book of Mormon. This kid loves the stories! When I finished one chapter in the Book of Mormon stories, I asked, "So we'll save the next story for next time, is it okay?" to which he replied with a firm, "NO. Let's read it now..." I ended reading 7 chapters from the book because at the end of each chapter, I'd ask the same thing to which he replied the same answer! And of course, his favorite story was when Nephi cut off Laban's head....

Brother Foyo: We had received a referral from the sisters this week to contact Brother Foyo because he wanted a Book of Mormon. The first time we went to his house, he wasn't there. However, I had been to his area before and had always felt compelled to speak with a certain man, but never did because we were usually rushing to appointments. However, as we were walking in the area, I saw the man again and felt compelled that we should talk to him again and I listened to the prompting this time and guess what...he turned out to be Brother Foyo, the referral the other sisters had given me! He already knew my name and he said," Sister Park, I have been waiting for you to speak with me..." I'm excited to teach this one and I'm glad I had followed the prompting!

 I taught them how to "drop it"...these picture was pretty epic



Brother Takesure's Baptism. Look! this guy tilted toward me but....

 Brother Elias"s Baptism. He tilted toward my companion!
This week, Brother Takesure and Brother Elias were baptized by Simba Jeri, an RM from the Zim mission! It was a joy teaching these two young men, both 17 years of age, because they both already have a desire to serve missions. Whenever I taught these two, we'd usually have another priesthood holder, Tapiwa, present in the lessons. Tapiwa is preparing to leave for his mission in January to Durban South Africa. But, whenever I wasn't saying anything in the lessons, I'd always just sit and smile at how much soon to be missionaries I was teaching. Also, Takesure is taking taekwondo--when we finished our first lesson together, he told me "thank you" in Korean and yo, I was shocked. These are good guys with good souls and I'm so happy I was able to be part of their conversion experience.


This Cake is the Bomb!!!
I hope all is well back home...I was a little jealous of Wooram's cake because ah, Paris Baguette is the bomb! Also, I've introduced Thanksgiving to the African sisters and they are excited for Thanksgiving dinner! I will send photos of how the food turns out this next week!

Otherwise, remember that I love you guys so much and don't worry about me. Mom, go to the spa or something. Dad, if you're stressed, go buy another tree without Mom's permission and plant it in a random spot in the yard...I hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sister Park

I think since I've been on mission, I've sang Book of Mormon stories and Popcorn Popping and Do as I'm Doing at least 500 times. Every time these kids see me they want me to sing the song!
Look at the kid on my left!

my fan club...i especially LOVE the rasta, Talent! 

Mom, I'm very unamused that you sent a hat...i hate hats...i hope you're happy though
am i african yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment